The Missouri Coordinated School Health Coalition (MCSHC) is a collaborative of public and private organizations (meet our partners) assisting Missouri’s schools, families, and communities with their coordinated school health programs. The coalition does this by promoting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s coordinated school health model.
We developed this strategic plan to strengthen our efforts to reach more schools and increase the effectiveness of our support for coordinated school health. This strategic plan covers three years, 2010 through 2013. It is intended to communicate our purpose and support our decision-making regarding organizational structure, policy, budget, and program priorities.
Advocating for a Coordinated School Health Program in every Missouri school to ensure students learn to be healthy and are healthy to learn.
Healthy, active students becoming healthy, active and productive adults.
The following five core values guide the way we work and the relationships we build.
- Health and School Health: We embrace the CDC’s Coordinated School Health Model, which consists of eight interactive components for addressing health and social problems. Using that definition, we value the health and well-being of students and staff, understanding that a healthy student is more likely to be ready to learn.
- Community Health: We value the health and well-being of children, their families, their support systems, and the diverse communities in which they live.
- Responsibility: We understand that good health is an intentional process and a shared responsibility among individuals, families, schools, and communities.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in our products, services, and activities by capitalizing on the talents and resources of our coalition members and working toward the goal of what is best for children and families. Trust and Collaboration: We believe that openness, sharing, cooperation, and trust are the keys to success within our coalition.
- Flexibility: We welcome change as a normal and healthy part of carrying out our mission.
Click here to meet the organizations that support the implementation of Coordinated School Health programs in Missouri schools.
Click here to access the products produced by the MCSHC.
For more information
For more information about the Coalition or its products and services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.