MCSHC 2014 Annual Conference
December 4 - 6
An exciting opportunity exists for the Coordinated School Health Conference on December 4-6 2014, at the County Club Hotel and Spa at the Lake of the Ozarks. Commit your professional development funds now and receive a discount on registration for the conference.
Pre-conference (3-hour) sessions are on Thursday morning and afternoon (December 4) you can pay for one session at the regular rate ($50 either the AM or PM session) or for two sessions for $75. Some of the topics confirmed are:
- Training Tools for Healthy Schools– (a.m. and repeated in p.m.)
- Making Sense of 504s, IHPs and EAPs -(p.m. session)
- Diabetes Clinical Update – (a.m. session)
- School Connectedness: Action Planning – (p.m. session)
Key note presenters are Maureen Underwood, Author of Lifelines, presenting on “Why School Based Youth Suicide Prevention is More Important than Ever” and Christine Thurston presenting on “The Science of Adolescent Addiction and Medical Marijuana” Both presentations are on Friday, December 5th.
Conference registration: If you don’t know who will be attending the conference, just register your school and submit the names and other information when you receive the conference brochure.
2014 Exhibitor/Sponsorship Forms:
- Exhibitor - For Profit
- Exhibitor - Not for Profit
- Tenative Schedule
- Full Exhibitor/Sponsorship Package - Word Doc | PDF
The work of the Coordinated School Health Coalition is sustained by proceeds from the annual conference. Your support of the conference enables us to carry out our mission of advocating for a Coordinated School Health Program in every Missouri school to ensure students learn to be healthy and are healthy to learn.
2013 Conference Notes
- Action for Healthy Kids
- Healthy Schools Program of Missouri and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Injury and Violence Prevention, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Midwest Dairy Association
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Missouri Suicide Prevention Project of the Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Safe Kids Missouri
- St. Louis Dairy Council
2013 Speaker Presentation Slides
- Health Risk Behaviors presented by Janet Wilson, DHSS
- Trauma and Schools: Impact on Learning and Development presented by Dr. Patsy Carter, DMH
- Healthy Snacks...Beyond the Cafeteria presented by Laura Hatch, Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Adolescents by Dr. Patsy Carter, DMH